WinAmp Plugins For MPlayer
mplayer-winamp enables mplayer to load any Winamp input plugin as codec. These codecs are typically named in_*.dll. MPlayer's file/network IO code is still used, so codecs are not restricted to what they themselves support. It should look and feel exactly like any other mplayer codec.
- MPlayer source code, tested with 1.0pre7 (you need to compile it yourself after applying a patch)
- Wine 0.9 or newer, including developer files (headers, libraries). Older versions may work but are untested. The 1.x release series has not been tested either. Sorry, this code is quite old, but feel free to ask for assistance or send patches in case of trouble.
- A Winamp input plugin, for example Thomson's mp3PRO codec, in_mp3PRO.dll. No codec is shipped, and I won't provide any - get the free download from Thomson's website.
Detailed build instructions are included in the tarball, basic familiarity with compiling software yourself assumed.
- mplayer-winamp 2005-12-14
- The first and only version for now, since it does it's job just fine.
mplayer-winamp is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) Version 2.